Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

poli361
Helper I
Helper I

pin visual in application without have the permission to download or copy the pbix file

Hello , 

I want to give the permission to Read only to viewer to pin a visual on a existing dashboard without giving them the ability to download or edit the pbix file .

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If you have already try adding them as viewers and they still can't pin. Try making them contributors and asking the tenant admin to exclude them the download feature in the Tenant Settings available in Admin Portal:

ibarrau_0-1649420536469.png

You can allow to everyone except, or just allow to specific users.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If you have already try adding them as viewers and they still can't pin. Try making them contributors and asking the tenant admin to exclude them the download feature in the Tenant Settings available in Admin Portal:

ibarrau_0-1649420536469.png

You can allow to everyone except, or just allow to specific users.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi , thank you a lot for the answer . This might solve my problem , so your answer is extremely helpful.

Is there a way to see what the Admin Portal can do ?

I'm glad it might help, it's the approach I could think about.

Well, if you are not the power bi admin you can check the features in the doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal

That might show the changes at tenant level.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors