Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

personal gateway hangs

Hello powerbi'ers

I have been having a terrible time with my personal gateway.  After an install, re-entering credentials...going to my .pbix files in powerbi.com and re-entering my credentials on the on-premise data sources, I might (yes might) get one upload/replacement of a .pbix model.  I am not using a refresh schedule--I am building a suite of models and I put up new versions every few days to each of the 5 with fixes and new features/upgrades.  So--since there is at least one uninstall, restart, reinstall, recredential, see if things hang while hoping for the best for EACH upload...I'm hoping to catch the eye of someone in tech support here on the forum.

I've sent the frown several times (though when things hang, there is often no frown--gateway just stops) and the tech support person from Convergsys asks for screenshots of the install process.  I'll send--explain what's happening and 4 days later, get another request for screen shots on the problem.  Holy cow...it hangs...stops working...and it takes a lot to get things uploaded.  Today I spent 8 (honestly) hours trying to make 6 publish to web clicks prior to a demonstration of our startup product .  I made it by 20 minutes.

And I've done this a bunch of times.  How on earth do I get help?  I'm really not sure where to turn.

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ThomasDay, i have no solution here but have the same problem. am looking foward to any fix that comes along. I have tried everything.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

@samdthompson I got a very helpful email from a Microsoft person--apparently the issue is "replace"--so if you upload to a new name or delete before uploading, things work.  I don't delete before uploading since it seems a little brittle right now.  Hope that helps!

Yeah that was the work around i had, problem is it nukes all the RLS loaded on service. so far i have been too lazy to rebuild the RLS in the desktop version for theat particular report. Just need to blade out some spare time to fix permanantly. Thanks for the heads up.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors