Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schmikli
Helper II
Helper II

personal gateway down?

I just found out my gateay was offline. I tried restarting it and it tried to connect to my pc (pc login). It simply pass this stage.

So I installed the latesd version of the gateway. It is active after a restart. But I still see it is inactive. Any ideas?

De gateway is ofline of onbereikbaar.Details verbergen

Activiteits-id:26959126-56ac-4166-b048-af834496afe8
Aanvraag-id:bf999241-38b2-20c6-6e72-c8a528f93e15
URI cluster:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Statuscode:400
Foutcode:DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable
Tijd:Wed Oct 12 2016 23:35:05 GMT+0200 (West-Europa (zomertijd))
Versie:13.0.1700.324

8 REPLIES 8
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@schmikli I would say try by troublshooting it as per shown here.

I deinstalled everything I could find. Even pbi desktop.. it simply refuses to install the personal gateway. It does install the on premises gateway. However, i did not succeed in changing the gateway from personal to on premises in the pbi web version.

@schmikli

What do you mean "refuses to install the personal gateway"? Can you select "Personal Gateway" during installation?

Capture.PNG

Also if you want to use on-premise gateway, please add the data source in "Manage Gateway" first, then go to dataset setting to see if you can change it from personal gateway to data gateway.

Regards,

If I run that option, it returns ith the message it cannot install the gateway. It reports Please uninstall the Microsoft Data Management Gateway before continuing.

However, I have cleaned up everything through the normal channels (windows uninstall followed by cc cleaner). There should be nothing left..Smiley Mad

If I take the other option, om premis gateway, it runs through the first part after confirming this choice but then it just stops the installation and there is nothing ...

I have worked with the personal gateway for pbi only until the beginning of september without issues. Weird this simple install gets so complicated.

@schmikli

As the error message said, the Microsoft Data Management Gateway is not uninstalled. Please try to delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Management Gateway" to see if you can install Personal Gateway. See a related blog: Failure installing the Power BI Personal Gateway

Regards,

After reading your link Simon, this is getting too bizar. Now I need to dive into the registry to fix things Microsoft has not done correctly in order to get another Microsoft product to run properly. If this is really the true reason for blocking an entire workflow in buidling dashboards, I'm out. 

Now PBI desktop fails to start up. Same type of error message. This is growing into a final blocking issue because if the gateways do not work I have to publish manually.

Btw, this folder does not exist. So there is nothing to delete....

I may have found the root cause. The service as installed does not like to run under local account. If I force it to, I could get a new on premise gateway installed. But I made a new admin user to test it so I will need to check if this is the same solution for both personal an on on premise with my own account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors