Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

parametrized connection gateway error

I created a parametrized connection, I'd like to use this report with parameter beacuse I set it to "DB2" when developing on desktop and then change the parameter to ODBC before uploading or directly in the BI Service parameter management section.

The problem is that the gateway connection pretends both connection to be active. The DB2 connection won't ever be active for the gateway, if only it was possible to make the dataset start refreshing it will succeed because all the data it needs are also on ODBC. Any solution or workaround possible?

gateway errorgateway error

Similar to a @Seth_C_Bauer yet resolved issue, but also the database type is different, not only the servername.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, in conclusion, this topic doesn't have a solution.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AGo,

>>I'd like to use this report with parameter beacuse I set it to "DB2" when developing on desktop and then change the parameter to ODBC before uploading or directly in the BI Service parameter management section.

It seems like power bi gateway cannot recognize your parameters, DB2 and odbc are different connectors.

When you get data from datasource, power query will generate and cache get data steps with specific connector in query editor.

I don't think you can direct change connection string and datasource type on power bi service.(It should be matched with report file)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

So, in conclusion, this topic doesn't have a solution.

Thanks anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors