Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

paginated report builder (RB) - shortcut key combination = unhandled exception

A bit of fun for today.

When I have focus on RB and I use the shortcut key combination of shift+alt+s I get an unhandled exception error.

Coincidentally on my laptop I have a portable version of ShareX and the shortcut key combination is shift+windowskey+s.  But do not think that this is the issue just a reason for the short cut key missfire on my part :}

Bug link   

paginated report builder (RB) - shortcut key combination = unhandled exception 

Screenshots of the exception (love that m$ introduced the concept of windows and fail to provide windows functionality on popups time and time again 🙂 'hey we have an error here ... but we do not want you to see it!'  )

garythomannCoGC_0-1674775953513.pnggarythomannCoGC_2-1674775988063.png

garythomannCoGC_3-1674776001319.pngetc

'culture' is not a parameter in the report CPP 018R and there are no fields in the dataset with the character string 'culture' either.

Trying shift+alt+s over other applications does not produce an error.

Reproduced on a fresh run of RB so it is not within a particular report itself.

garythomannCoGC_0-1674776497154.png

Looking at sharepoint online (SPO) the source of our dataset, the word 'culture' does exist as data but not as a field name.  A lot of the SPO fields have changed names over time from the original field name used.   

Note a blank run of RB is not pointing to any data sources.  Nor are there any parameter references.  Just to state the obvious :}

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors