Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ddecoene
Frequent Visitor

organizational visuals visible in power bi desktop but not in power bi service

We' added an organisational visual via the admin portal.

This is available in Power BI desktop.

However, when the report is published to Power BI service, we get the message "This visual is no longer available"

What could be the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @ddecoene - There are certain limitations for Organization visuals as per the Microsoft documentation - you can refer to the Microsoft documention - 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/power-bi-custom-visuals-organization

Considerations and limitations

There are several considerations and limitations that you need to be aware of.

Admin:

• If a Power BI visual from AppSource or a file is deleted from the repository, any existing reports that use the deleted visual will stop rendering. Deleting from the repository isn't reversible. To temporarily disable a Power BI visual from AppSource or a file, use the "Disable" feature.

• Organizational Power BI visuals are not supported in Power BI report server.

End user:

• Organizational Power BI visuals are private visuals imported from the organization repository. As any private visual they can't be exported to PowerPoint or displayed in emails received when a user subscribes to report pages. Only certified Power BI visuals imported directly from the marketplace supports these features.

• Certain visuals don't render if deployed through the organization repository. Use the Add from AppSource option in the Admin portal to manage the following visuals:

• Viso
    • Map box
    • PowerAutomate
    • Charticulator

Let me know if this helps!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @ddecoene - There are certain limitations for Organization visuals as per the Microsoft documentation - you can refer to the Microsoft documention - 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/power-bi-custom-visuals-organization

Considerations and limitations

There are several considerations and limitations that you need to be aware of.

Admin:

• If a Power BI visual from AppSource or a file is deleted from the repository, any existing reports that use the deleted visual will stop rendering. Deleting from the repository isn't reversible. To temporarily disable a Power BI visual from AppSource or a file, use the "Disable" feature.

• Organizational Power BI visuals are not supported in Power BI report server.

End user:

• Organizational Power BI visuals are private visuals imported from the organization repository. As any private visual they can't be exported to PowerPoint or displayed in emails received when a user subscribes to report pages. Only certified Power BI visuals imported directly from the marketplace supports these features.

• Certain visuals don't render if deployed through the organization repository. Use the Add from AppSource option in the Admin portal to manage the following visuals:

• Viso
    • Map box
    • PowerAutomate
    • Charticulator

Let me know if this helps!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors