Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

organizational content packs in new app workspaces

A couple of months ago I published an organizational content pack in my organization. Recently, I created a new workspace and tried the "new app workspace experience" which is in preview. In that workspace I seemingly cannot create a dataset from the content pack, simply because the "Organizational Content Pack" button does not appear when I click "Get Data". If I click on the button "My Organization", the workspace suddenly changed to "My Workspace" and only apps, not organizational content packs are reachable. 

I have tried to search for the content pack in the upper right search pane and it appears there. However, when I click it, it says "importing the dataset might take a couple of minutes" or something similar and then nothing happens. 

Can anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces

Organistaional Content Packs are not supported.  Under the section Power BI Apps FAQ

"You can create an organizational content pack from a current app workspace. You can't create one from the new app workspaces.
You can consume an organizational content pack from a current app workspace. You can’t consume one from the new app workspaces."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi andrmi,

As rose mentioned, in the new workspaces, you can't connect to organizational content packs, or third-party content packs such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, or Google Analytics. In the current workspaces you can connect to content packs.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's incredibly stupid then. How to distribute a dataset in my organization then without manually uploading it to every workspace?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it helps, I use Azure Analysis Services for this purpose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces

Organistaional Content Packs are not supported.  Under the section Power BI Apps FAQ

"You can create an organizational content pack from a current app workspace. You can't create one from the new app workspaces.
You can consume an organizational content pack from a current app workspace. You can’t consume one from the new app workspaces."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

But why not? Are there any substitutes for this? Or do I need to manually upload and configure refresh for the dataset each time I want it in a new workspace?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors