Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

on-premise gateway problem: Couldn't load the data for this visual

Using adirect query to connect SQL Server. Everything is good until refreshed using on-premise gateway.

Can anyone provide any suggestion?

x.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please go to Dataset Settings, check which gateway used by that dataset, make sure data gateway is online. Also please update the data gateway to the latest version.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, how do i check if my gateway is the latest version?

Many thanks,
JS

Hi @Anonymous,

You can check installed data gateway version from Control Panel. The latest version is 14.16.6355.2. You can download latest version from here.

q7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous Are you writing scripts, or just accessing tables? Looks like it is having an issue with a data type/relationship or join. The error is a pretty good pointer, but you may be able to get some more detail from the gateway error log files. Those are located waaay at the bottom of the troubleshooting guide - here

Installer logs

%localappdata%\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.log

Configuration logs

%localappdata%\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\GatewayConfigurator*.log

On-premises data gateway service logs

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your info. I will start from here 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors