Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

not able to view uploaded excel file

I have uploaded Excel file in Power BI service, it is uploaded successfully but when i view the file, it is not loading..

My Excel file is containing two sheet, both sheet has 1 visual each.Excel sheet data.PNG

Capture.PNG

Even i tried to import excel data and then also uploaded the excel but still not able to view it.

Anyone can help me on that..

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

Power BI supports importing or connecting to workbooks created in Excel 2007 and later. Workbooks must be saved as .xlsx or .xlsm file type and be under 1 GB. Please check if your workbook meet this requirement. See: Get data from Excel workbook files.

After you upload the workbook to the Power BI service, does it always display loading status? Is there any error throws out? Did you use Excel to get data from the external data source?

Please share detail steps how you create the Excel workbook. If possible please share your Excel Workbook with us, so that we can upload to Power BI service to see if the issue is related to the Power BI service itself.

Also you can create another simple Excel workbook which has the Pivot Table visual, then upload this workbook to service to see if the issue related to the Excel workbook.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for reply.

Excel file size is less than 150 KB, Excel uploaded successfully shown message in power bi service, no error were thrown.

It is just simple excel, I am using Excel 2013 (.xlsx) and it is simple Excel containing two sheet, both sheets is having one visual.

I create one Pivot Chart by using External Data source connection.

I also tried to upload excel containing simple data but still not loading, There is no option to upload my sample Excel in here but i will attach some of the snapshot:

Capture.PNGCapture1PNG.PNG

Please let me know if i am doing someting out of order or if there is any other issue...

Thanks !

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

Sorry for the late response. I'm not reproduce the issue on my side. You can download the attached Excel 2013 file and upload to your Power BI service to see if the visuals can load fine. The Sheet1 is getting data from the SQL Server data source, Sheet2 data is entering.

w4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft  Thanks for the reply.

But same thing, not able to view uploaded Excel shared by you.

Capture.JPG

Once i tried to disconnect from my organization network and connect to my own Internet but still not able to view uploaded excel.

Just want to confirm, is there any dependancy on Network when we are uploading Excel from our local drive means will there be any firewall or organization policy blocking the Excel ? 

Please provide your input.

Thanks !!

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

That's strange. In my opinion, as you can access Power BI service via your network and upload Excel successfully, uploaded Excel should display fine on service.

Regarding this issue, I would suggest you let Microsoft engineer look into your workspace specially, you can create a support ticket here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chayanupadhyay : did you sove this issue?

Anyone can help me on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors