Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

new app navigation: sharepoint.com refused to connect.

Hi everyone

I wanted to test the new navigation for APPs and was excited to embed supporting PDF documents that are stored on our companies SharePoint site (available to all internal users, no restricted access).

It works fine when the content is opened in a new tab, but when I want it to show directly within the content area, Power BI returns an error stating sharepoint.com refused to connect and the content area turns grey.
Do I have to use a specific link? Are there other implications when using files from SharePoint?

10-07-2019 09-39-47.jpg
Thanks for the help

9 REPLIES 9
Charlie86
Frequent Visitor

Hi Community

I have the same problem.
I want to embed a Sharepointesite with information for the app viewers.

But Sharepoint wont let me open the site in the content area. 

I can embed single files from Sharepoint (see workaround above from mayfhi) but not the whole sharepointsite.
Is it generally not possible or are some settings in the sharepointsite missing?

Best Regards
Charlie

29-07-_2021_11-19-51.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know whether this thread is still open or not.

I had the exact same issue when I first deployed this. All I did to make this work were two things:

1. Move the PowerPoint file into a SharePoint site location instead of OneDrive.

2. Granting the users who need to see the PowerPoint in Power BI App the read access to that SharePoint site.

Hope this helps.

Best,

-Lechen

mburssens
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, any solutions known?

mayfhi
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue with trying to display a PowerPoint slide deck stored on our Sharepoint. Might be different with non Office app but essentially its taking a part from an embed link.  I successfully got my ppt deck to show in the app content area by doing the following:

1) from PowerPoint (web app, go to file > Share > Embed

2) copy only the url part of the embed link (the part within the quotes after src=)

3) paste this part of the embed link in the link for your nav app, set to display in content area

4) update app

disclaimer: I haven't tried doing this for a document where the nav app user has different read permissions than the SharePoint file/folder

good luck! - M

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can connect to SharePoint Team site data via the Get Data in Power BI Service.

3.png4.png

You can learn more:https://searchcontentmanagement.techtarget.com/tip/How-to-connect-Power-BI-with-SharePoint.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai 

I am not trying to connect to data, but rather I want to embed a file from Sharepoint to open in the content area using the new app navigation.

Best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

any luck with this?`would love to have sharepoint documents / pages embedded in the Power BI App!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing same issue. Is there solution from anybody esp. Microsoft PBI team?

Thanks

Yes, having problems with this too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors