Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mari_w

multiple values into visualization

I have a set of three categories under each month and would like to get the total of each category over a year to show on a visualization as one value.  I would do this by grouping in Tableau, maybe even in Power BI desktop, but I do not see the option to do it in the online program.  How do I format my excel worksheet so that it recognizes that march, april, and so on, all had the same categories, but I want to combine them? Here is what I mean.  the original data showed the month above each category, but Power BI didn't like importing that either.table categories.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@mari_w,

We cannot do modeling in Power BI services. So if you want to group your categories under each month, you could use a martrix visual, and add month to your columns. Or you could connect your data source in Power BI desktop, reshape your data model. And then create your reports and publish to Power BI services.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thank you, but unfortunately, I am specifically looking for a solution to the online version.  I have simply resorted to creating many columns in my worksheet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors