Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIX123
Frequent Visitor

multiple date format SSAS Tabular

Hi All,

I have a dashboard connected to Azure AS with multiple timestamps columns. However, the date format differs from one to another at times. Could anyone help me to solve this? I would like to have all in date time data type but formatted to "dd-mm-yyyy hh:nn:ss AM/PM".  Thanks a lot!Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIX123,

That cannot be done by power BI end. You can change it in your data source. Please refer to this blog.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/647950/Create-and-Populate-Date-Dimension-for-Data-Wareho

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @PBIX123,

Has your issue been solved? If any other question, feel free to let me know please. Also please mark the answer as solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

sorry for the late reply! Apparently all time elements have the same date format in SQL Server, the same when I do some changes in Power Query. However, the format changes when I display the data in Power BI. Thanks!!

Hi @PBIX123,

Please try to turn the option off and connect to the data source again. However, you need to change the data type later manually. 

dataty.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

I am afraid the options under "Data Load" tab are not available as the report has a live connection with data model in Azure AS.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIX123,

How did you connect to your datasource? Is that possbile for you to change the data type by this way? 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

It is connected to Azure Analysis Service, so I cannot change the data type from Power BI itself. I tried it in Visual Studio through the Power Query, but I am not sure how to specify the date format from there. 

I found M code Date.toText to change the format, but it seems to change the data type to text which is undesireable since the timestamps are used in a number of calculations. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors