cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qubit813
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

modify Users in report usage metrics

I have a need to modify the OOTB report usage metrics "report".  By default, the Unique User field displays for the Users visual.  In my organization, this is the user's User Principal Name (UPN).  As you might guess, this UPN isn't the actual employee name; it's some identifier without business meaning.  So, when I go to inspect the the usage metrics, I don't readily determine who has been viewing reports.  I have to first do a visual comparison against my UPN - to - employee name lookup, which is cumbersome.  Is there a way to translate this in the tenant to an actual employee name (and maybe to make it unique, so I don't have the issue of multiple people with the same name)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You'd have to go back in time and use classic workspaces. They had that data.  Vote for the idea to bring it back for V2 workspaces, or use the tenant audit logs instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You'd have to go back in time and use classic workspaces. They had that data.  Vote for the idea to bring it back for V2 workspaces, or use the tenant audit logs instead.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!