Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KiwiAbroad
Regular Visitor

matrix

Hi,

I've used the matrix viz to pull through multiple values from a linked SSAS cube.  Looks great in the desktop, functions perfectly.  When I upload it though all I get are scroll bars (horizontal and vertical) and no values or labels).

This has only just changed (may or may not have coincided with the instal of the November release).

Every other viz in the report works exactly as it did and as intended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue relates to a change in the viz... now need to drag a field of some description into "column".  Works fine in Service after that.  Not necessary in Desktop.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Matrix-visual-doesn-t-show-data-ANYMORE-if-there-is-not-fiel...

Now I have the issue of my columns auto-sizing (didn't happen when I just had the values as columns).  Is there a fix for that?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you create this project?  A while back there was an overhaul of the Matrix and Table visuals.  They still work in your files but you might want to update them to the newer versions (and correct any format muck ups that occur).

...started the project about 10 days ago.  The matrix viz was built about 7 days ago.  Worked ok up to Saturday, now - even if a start a whole new report and only have the matrix viz - I just get the blank frame.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rats!  I love my matrix visual and use them all the time.

Is this a Direct Query or Import project?

Direct query.

...matrix works great in desktop.  Just gotta get it working again in the service!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about other visuals, do they work?  If you are using Direct Query, could there be an issue with the Service getting the actual data out of your systems?

Everything else is fine and is operating as intended... that's what's so frustrating!! Smiley Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm i'm really not sure then.  If all of the values that are contained in that matrix show up fine in the other visuals, then i'm really not sure what the problem is.  I've had no issues with my matrix's but most of my projects are Import so if its a bug, Direct Query would likely be playing a role.

No worries.  Thanks for the feedback.

I've the same problem: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Blank-Matrices/td-p/306785/jump-to/first-unread-message

My data source it's SSAS multidimensional cube, and my reports work fine several months ago and stop working from monday 20/11.

I'm sure, something it's wrong in the service.

Ramon

The issue relates to a change in the viz... now need to drag a field of some description into "column".  Works fine in Service after that.  Not necessary in Desktop.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Matrix-visual-doesn-t-show-data-ANYMORE-if-there-is-not-fiel...

Now I have the issue of my columns auto-sizing (didn't happen when I just had the values as columns).  Is there a fix for that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors