Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

matrix - export data- summarized data not exporting all data

Hello,

I have a PowerBi report which contains a matrix. When the users export the matrix data using the summarized data option not all rows are being exported, there are around 5000 rows in total. Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Any news regarding this issue and potential root causes?

We are facing similar issue and none from the link above seems to be applicable in our case. 

Regards, 

Karo

Hi @karo ,

Baased on that article, this is all based on the nubmer of data intersections:

For export from matrix visuals using Data with current layout, the export limit is 150,000 data intersections. For a table visual, each row has 1 data intersection. For a matrix visual, each row can have 1 or more data intersections, so the exported rows count can be less than 150,000. (For example, if a matrix visual has 3 data intersections per row, the maximum row count will be 150,000 / 3 = 50,000 rows.) The message "Exported data exceeded the allowed volume. Some data may have been omitted." will be added at the footer of the Excel file when the limit is hit. Consider limiting the dimensions or filter the data to avoid this scenario.

If you don't think this applies you can create a ticket to confirm that you don't have something special with your data and see if that helps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are a number of potential reasons for this.  Check out this URL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and-considerations  and, specifically look at those limitations and considerations.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors