Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SA-ERUY-ETL
Regular Visitor

long time to refresh and unable to publish

Hello, I have a problem when updating reports from power bi service and publishing them from PBI desktop. It takes approximately 1 hour to refresh data from a report that weighs 2 mb, for heavier reports it does not finish directly and the error appears:

Before the data import was finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

The problem also happens when I want to publish a report from desktop, it takes a long time and ends up getting an error that it could not publish. I tried 2 different gateways, in the latest version and located on different PCs but connected to the same network. The service is connected to the server WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-N-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SA-ERUY-ETL ,

We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 345174360

We also got some feedback from the PG team.

"Could you please check with the  Network/IT team side, referring to the below investigation done we suspect that this might be caused due to your Network issue or Proxy/Firewall installed on the your machine that could be causing an issue, blocking the connection when request goes from PBI- service to gateway over network."

I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SA-ERUY-ETL ,

We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 345174360

We also got some feedback from the PG team.

"Could you please check with the  Network/IT team side, referring to the below investigation done we suspect that this might be caused due to your Network issue or Proxy/Firewall installed on the your machine that could be causing an issue, blocking the connection when request goes from PBI- service to gateway over network."

I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@SA-ERUY-ETL You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors