Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dborrelli
Regular Visitor

lock filter/highlight choices in visuals?

Hi all,

Is there any way to lock the filtering/highlighting interactions in my visuals?

Example: I have three tiles (gender donut, sales volume by service bar chart, customer location map). Let's say I want to filter all tiles by females who participated in Service X. If I click the Service X bar in the bar chart, all tiles filter relative to that. I can also filter all tiles relative to the gender donut by clicking the female half. However, I can't filter the page relative to both - the second click always resets the first.

I know I could utilize more slicers, which do lock, but they're not very visually engaging and I'd like that functionality out of the more appealing tiles. Any recomendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@dborrelli

You have to edit the interaction in Power BI Desktop.

55.PNG

6.PNG

Regards,

Is there an option within 'Edit Interactions' which I am missing? My question is predicated upon already having used this feature so that each til highlights/filters each other tile. What I am looking for is a way for my stakeholders to be able to lock in their highlight/filter choices

@dborrelli

No, it's not supported to lock these the highlight/filter choices.

Regards,

I'm not quite sure how this answers my question. Would you mind elaborating?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors