Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

load report from cache ?? in powerbi service

hi

my users are feeling uncomfortable while using powerbi earlier we are using qlick . even when they apply the filters or open the report they are seeing the report like below for few seconds and then the values are being loaded . Is there any option to get the quickly on fly without taking even seconds of time . can anyone suggest any options on this?cache.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

From your image above what represents those 18 images?

If you are unaware it would appear that having too many visuals on one page will require at the very least 18 queries to be run at once. And depending if that is DirectQuery or an Import mode it can take a while to run.

I would suggest either creating a starting page where you can sync the slicers across all the pages where the user first starts out and filters the data before going through to any other pages.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ : These are the advanced card visuals with the measures . currently i am using the import mode . I didn't understand the creation of sync scliers or landing page ?. can you please ellaborate the steps what you are saying

Hi @Anonymous 

Here are more details

• Creating a landing page where the users start from.
  • Once the users have used the slicers they can then navigate to the particular pages they are interested in.

I would also suggest ensuring that your data model is in a star schema and that the measures are written optimially so that they can return the results as quickly as possible (Should typically be less than 1-2 secs)

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ : Yes this is in star schema and all the visuals are loaded soon like with in 5 mins of time . Creating  a landing page will be extra burden for the user this will definately not needed in my usecase . I just want to check if there any other options i can set at powerbi end which makes life easy . Like any caching options which i could have missed just want to know these

Hi there,

If it is in a star schema are there a lot of unique values?

I would have a look at the measures to ensure that they are returning the data quickly?
Typically a chart should return the data almost instantly?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors