cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmendoza Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: last time refresh

This is not possible in either my Desktop or Service . Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Virtual_Ames Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I believe this is the right solution to the time issue - but it is not clear how to enter the M code.  Blank query does not indicate a clear path to entry.....

Could you perhaps clarify your answer a bit? I'd like to implement this and test....

Thanks,

Brian

wynhopkins Member

Not sure when this feature was added but I just spotted it today

Click on the ... in your dashboard, clcik on the pencil to edit, select display last refresh

Refresh.PNG

Rajkumar Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Add a column to your dataset with the below formula.

Last Refresh Date Time =DateTimeZone.LocalNow()

This will get refresh only,when you click the refresh button. It is working 100% correct. I'm using in my current project PBI Reports.

Rajkumar Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This will get refresh only,when you click the refresh button. It is working 100% correct. I'm using in my current project PBI Reports.

Rajkumar Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi ALL,

vkdubw Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing all these people saying to hover over the tile and click the elipse button... but I do not get the edit or pencil icon when clicking the elipse button when in the dashboard or report.  Is there an IE/Edge configuration I need to uncheck in order to get the edit (pencil) button when clicking the elipse button?

Thanks.

wynhopkins Member

Hi @vkdubw,  I'm not aware of any issue.  My dashboards are not affected by Chrome or Edge.

Are you able to post a screenshot?

I'm not sure if the source of the dashboard is an issue.  Are you getitng your dashboard from a Content Pack or just creating it yourself?

vkdubw Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick response.  Hereare the screenshots from theDashboard (Lst 24 hours) and the Report (Export Only).  I originally created the dashboard with PBI Desktop and published.

No-Elipse.JPGNo-Edit-Option.JPG

wynhopkins Member

No problem @vkdubw,   it looks like your screenshots are from the report view  (I can siee the pin to dashboard icon)

The last time refreshed ellipse is only available in the Dashboard view.  So if you use the pin icon to add the visual to a dashboard then you shold see a different set of options on the elipse when in Dashboard View