cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirrobi Member

last time refresh

Hi,

Is it possible to add to the report/dashboard the date and time of the last refresh?

Many thanks.

Nir

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
nirrobi Member

Re: last time refresh

Hi,

Maybe this will solution will help,

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2010/11/add-a-last-refreshed-date-readout/

I will try tommorow and update :-)

idanco Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi nir,

You can add a calculated column (Last Refresh Column) in the model with the formula =NOW()

And measure Last Refresh Date :=MAX(Table[Last Refresh Column])

Since calculated columns are calculated only on model refresh - it will make sure the calc is right

60 REPLIES 60
Super User
Super User

@nirrobi Is this for troubleshooting purposes? Just to point out, you can see when the dataset that supports the reports/dashboards was last refreshed. Just click the elipses of the dataset that currently has a scheduled refresh set and it will show you when the last refresh was, and when the next one is scheduled.

You could then assume that all reports / dashboard tiles should be updated based on that date/time.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Super User
Super User

No way that I know of. This would be SUPER helpful. When you share out a dashboard, not everyone will be able to see when it was last refreshed without this. And this will be the first things people ask or want to know about..."How recent is this?"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

nirrobi Member

Thanks for the reply.

Its not for troubleshooting but to know we the last refresh was.

Meantime I have problem with the schedule refresh and want to know the last time the dataset was refresh, is it possible?

I want to have tile with last time the dataset was refresh.

Regards,

Nir,

nirrobi Member

Hi,

Maybe this will solution will help,

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2010/11/add-a-last-refreshed-date-readout/

I will try tommorow and update :-)

idanco Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi nir,

You can add a calculated column (Last Refresh Column) in the model with the formula =NOW()

And measure Last Refresh Date :=MAX(Table[Last Refresh Column])

Since calculated columns are calculated only on model refresh - it will make sure the calc is right

crazytown New Member

This was showing the last time I ran my report but now seems to have disappeared again ... anyone know why please?

AStolk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Within Power BI Desktop, this works fine! However, after publishing this to PowerBI.com and executing a refresh within the browser, the result of the Last Refresh Date is always displaying an hour too early. It looks like it's refreshing and displaying the last refresh date and time in GMT timezone, but I'm in GMT+1. Is it possible to take into account the timezone?

Business Consultant PPM @ QS solutions
MCTS & MCP
skiwi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

You can show this on a tile in a dashboard by clicking the ... on the top right hand corner of the tile, then click the edit pencil, then check the "Display last refresh time".  The refresh time will now show at the top of the tile

Highlighted
GilesWalker Established Member
Established Member

This worked for me and takes into account that when the auto refesh on PowerBI.com occurs it is done in GMT time:

Enter this M formula into a blank query in the get data button:

= DateTimeZone.ToLocal(DateTime.AddZone(DateTime.LocalNow(),-10))

The -10 is becasue I am +10 GMT. Not sure why it needs to be negative but it is.

Hope this works.

Giles