Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbertozzi
Regular Visitor

jira

Hi People,

I was able to connect the JIRA Content Pack  to my JIRA on premisse installation. But, when I access the PowerBI, I can't see my data from JIRA. 

I Can access all pages, but without any data. Is there something that I need to do to see the data?

Thanks in advance.

Jaimejira.JPGjira1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jbertozzi

If you are using on Premises JIRA or the cloud service, you just need to provide your JIRA URL and credentials. Once the connection has completed, Power BI will automatically create an out-of-the-box dashboard, report, and dataset with data from JIRA. Please refer to this document for details.

If you see blank data, I think you should go to Datasets settings – Data source credentials to see if the credentials are valid.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello @jbertozzi 

Hello, 

I’d like to propose and alternative solution for you, you may connect your Jira on-premise to Power BI with the help of our app - Power BI Connector for Jira: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221150/power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overvie... it's available for Jira Server / Data Center.

We have a handy User/Admin Guide and fast/responsive support team at support@alpha-serve.com. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Cheers!

Anton

===
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ihayes916
Frequent Visitor

hello - curious, how we're you able to use the contect pack w/ your on prem JIRA data?  Did you start in PowerBI desktop?  If so, what data source did you you use?

I've been looking for days for a way to use this w/ our on prem JIRA as we do not have JIRA cloud.... 😞

Thanks!

Isaac

I managed to solve this by adding https:// in front of my URL

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jbertozzi

If you are using on Premises JIRA or the cloud service, you just need to provide your JIRA URL and credentials. Once the connection has completed, Power BI will automatically create an out-of-the-box dashboard, report, and dataset with data from JIRA. Please refer to this document for details.

If you see blank data, I think you should go to Datasets settings – Data source credentials to see if the credentials are valid.

Best Regards,

Herbert

I'll preface this by saying I'm not the Jira Admin and a novice using PowerBI. I'm evaluating usin this tool versus another plugin in Jira. I'd much rather use this tool. With that...

I'm using an on premise version of Jira. After following the instructions given here I'm getting the following error after refresh:

OLE DB or ODBC error:[Datasource.Error] Web contents failed to get contents from 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx//rest/api/2/search?

maxResults=500&startAT=0' (404):not found.

The fields are there but none of the data. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Check is you putting the name of servicedesk project in the URL. In my case, the data only was showed with this. 

The authentication tha t are you using is integrated ou simple?

Thank you for your reply. ServiceDesk is in the URL

Double checking my credentials. Using Basic with my Jira credentials to log in.

Yes, it was a problem with refresh data. After refresh data, the data appeared.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors