Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

issues

I have created alerts on a KPI and it will trigger an email through microsoft flow if the count increases in the KPI tile.  For example , If the count changes from 7 to 8 it will trigger an alert . But Unfortunately if the count does not change for 7 days then Power BI is automatically triggering an email on the 7th day as an update. I do not want the alert to be generated without change in data. 

Is there any solution for this ? 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To be honest, am not an expert of Flow. You can create a new case for help in Microsoft Flow Community.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-frfei-msft , 

Thank you for your reply. 

The issue is not related to Flow. Flow is just a worker . The master here is the Power BI which triggers an alert . My question here is why Power BI is triggering an alert every 7 days when there is no change of data.   Basically the alert comes from the KPI tile which is set up in the dashboard. 

Just a small scenario explaining this : 

Lets say on Jan 1st the KPI is displaying a count of 10 and alert is enabled on this KPI to generate alert when the count changes. On Jan 2nd the data refreshes and the count is increased to 11 and Power BI creates an alert . This is right . 

Assume the data refresh happens daily until Jan 3rd , 4th .... 9th  but we do not have any change in data and the count still remains 11 . I do not expect an alert generated now since there was no change in data . But unfortunately for some reason Power BI triggers an alert every 7th day even though there is no change of data.  

If still the following week does not have change in data then second alert will be triggered on Jan 16th which is 14th day from last change in the count . 

Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors