Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ukeasyproj
Helper II
Helper II

issue with data set credentials

Currently I have built a few direct query reports in PowerBI and published them to the app.powerbi service.

All of the published reports access the same source SQL Database, but each report has unique credentials.

It seems like the service overwrites the credentials for all of the reports that use the same source database when I go to update the credentials for a given report's dataset.

Is there a workaround for this?

In other words, when I set the credentials for a dataset, I only want that dataset to be updated, not any other dataset that uses the same source database.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ukeasyproj,

Currently I have built a few direct query reports in PowerBI and published them to the app.powerbi service.

All of the published reports access the same source SQL Database, but each report has unique credentials.

It seems like the service overwrites the credentials for all of the reports that use the same source database when I go to update the credentials for a given report's dataset.

How do you update the credentials for a given report's dataset that is using direct query mode? I can't find the option under dataset settings for a specific dataset using direct query mode. Do you update the credentials for the SQL Database within Manage Gateway settings? Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

Hi, I am referring to this screen:

test.PNG

when I go to edit credentials, it seems like it updates the credentials for all datasets that use the same SQL source DB

is there a way to only update the credentials for this dataset only and leave the others as is

just to add this is an Azure SQL server (in the cloud)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors