Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qifzhou
Employee
Employee

is there a way we can auto sync changes from one table to another?

Hi Team,

Is there a sync operation in Powe BI that I can sync changes between two tables?

The scenario is here : When user log on the powerbi service , there will be two tables shown for him\her. Both table query from the same data source, and one with Row Level Security, the other without any RLS.  In case, a user is from Group A, Area B, etc. In the table with RLS, he will only see data related to Group A, Area B, etc. If he want to see the whole data, it will be on another table. As far as I known, the RLS here is something like an auto-filter checking.  Actually we do not want  to make any constraint for user, what we want is, when a user log on, a much more customized dashboard is show for user, and if a user wants to dig more information, he can choose another table with whole data.

And here is the problem, if we want to maintain the two table in the long term, is there any good way so that we will not always change twice every time ? We relate two tables, and  any change in one table will sync to the other.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@qifzhou Not entirely sure why you've choosen to use two tables in fact they are same from the data source. In this case I would use same table to create one report and two dashboards out of that one report. One with tailored information for the user and other with detailed information for the user.

Hi, ankitpatira, sorry and I haven't stated it clearly. In this scenario, I want to make the RLS Table to be a customized one for different users. According to users' alias, region, department, etc, Users will only see data associated with them or they are interested in. I achieve this by using a RLS table, so this RLS table is a much more associated one which can help user find out useful information quickly, and if user want to dig more information, then go to the normal table which has the whole data. That's why I use two tables here and actually they are from the same data source, but one with RLS configured, and the other without RLS configured. And before posting this problem, there is another one :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-Power-BI-check-filters-by-default-according-to-users/m-... And after that I decide to try with RLS. regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors