Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RicLup
Helper III
Helper III

is it possible to limit the number of dataset refresh that a user can do?

Hi guys!!

I would like know if exist any posibility to limit the number of dataset refresh that can do a user. We have a premium capacity, but some users apply many refresh that do´nt must to do, but Power BI allows them apply up to 48 times. 

I was reading an optión in the admin portal to choose some user and limit the number of dataset refresh that can do, for example the user 1 only can apply up to 5 dataset refresh of the 48 availables in the premium capacity, but i don´t found anything about it.

The dataset and reports must to be in the premium capacity, I only need an option to limit some users the number of times they can apply a refresh.

Rgards and thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RicLup
Helper III
Helper III

At the moment we gonna apply other options and internal Politics, to solve this problem for us. It could be a good idea to contril dataset refresh per user, because most of the user want to use all refresh availabe in capacity premium or shared too. And it is not always necesary.

Thanks for follow up to @v-cazheng-msft and @lbendlin 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RicLup
Helper III
Helper III

At the moment we gonna apply other options and internal Politics, to solve this problem for us. It could be a good idea to contril dataset refresh per user, because most of the user want to use all refresh availabe in capacity premium or shared too. And it is not always necesary.

Thanks for follow up to @v-cazheng-msft and @lbendlin 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RicLup 

Currently, we can't limit the number of dataset refresh that a user can do. If you want to reduce unnecessary refresh by some users in the workspace, you can give these  users Viewer roles and just give Roles above Viewer when it is necessary.

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Take away the user's PRO license 🙂

(all kidding aside - that would limit them to 8 refreshes a day)

On a more serious note - so what?  What is the actual impact?  What SKU are you running (ie how many renderers does it have?) Are you on Gen2?  What is the TOTAL query duration of that user's refreshes?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors