Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nwabramson
Advocate III
Advocate III

internet explorer iframe

Hello,

We are embedding Power BI Free report iframes directly into Sharepoint (without the Sharepoint login supported by PowerBI Pro). This works great with Chrome but Internet Explorer will not show the report. It is blank where there report shows up on Chrome. We are standardizing to Internet Explorer and I am puzzled that it doesn't work with a MicroSoft product but does with Chrome. We are using the supported Internet Explorer 11 Browser. Any thoughts ? Is this a bug?

Regards,

Nancy Abramson

Mansfield Oil

9 REPLIES 9
ns7
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue that power bi wont display in the iframe on IE 11 however it does in google chrome.

I was thinking its more an issue with IE rather than with Power BI though as it seemed to have started when there was an update with IE?

starwispy

Our organisation is having this issue also, in IE 11.  I find it baffling that Microsoft's own web browser doesn't a Microsoft product, especially when Google Chrome works fine. 

I would like for Microsoft to recognise this as a bug and work toward fixing the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same issue for all of our reports in SharePoint. I tried double iframe (iframe pointing to a page that contains an iframe pointing to the report) but that didn't work either.

DuaneStav

Hi,

We experienced the same issue listed above. We have embedded PowerBI as an iframe on many pages and so we cannot go and edit all of these pages.

It seems as though PowerBI changes something that is no longer compatable with IE.

We now get the following error when attempting to emed/display the PowerBI dashboard as an iframe.

Run F12 Tools and the following errors are identified.

image.png

The issue can be temporarily resolved by setting/forcing the document mode to 11.

Test Error.png 

I think that IE auto detects that Document Mode based on the source of the data  being loaded. 

So for e.g. we have some webapps were IE auto defaults to IE5 compatability.

Is there an update that can be made to PowerBI (server side) which will aid IE to detect the Document Mode as 11? How do we go about requesting PowerBi to make this change?

Whatever change was recently made is not backwards compatable.

We are having the same issue, was working fine.  Would be great to understand how it can be resolved server side.

Toke

The issue also showed up in our environment this week.
The last several weeks we have been able to see the reports from the embedded code in IE but this week the iFrame was just a grey box. However, as mentioned in the other posts, if we open up in Chrome or Edge it works. IE is our standard browser so it is  unfortunate that it doesn't work in this browser.

Looking forward to see a solution to this.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@nwabramson

How did you embed the Power BI report into SharePoint?

As I tested with "Publish to Web" iFrame, it works properly in both IE and Chrome.

99.PNG

L_D22A.tmp.PNG

L_F5DF.tmp.PNG

Regards,

Strange, when I use the iframe sharepoint erases the information. I can use the url as part of a sharepoint web part but it does not display in IE. Maybe it is our Sharepoint setup?

We have the same problem. It was working with IE till last week and then suddenly now doesn't work in IE but will work in Edge and will also work in IE when i click the full screen mode button at the bottom.

Is this a bug? Where can i report it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors