Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

internal service error

Halo Everyone

So I have something strange happening, so I had 5 datasets which usually  updated through gateway on my laptop, but because of wifi they failed a lot due to gateway being offline. So I swapped it all to desktop, now everything is running smooth except for this one update, I keep getting an email saying, that particular dataset failed due to internal service error, but when I log on to check, it updated fine with all the data there and correct. This is annoying since it keeps on switching of the daily update. But it does update?

What can be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

So when you run this from Power BI Desktop, does it refresh successfully?

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

I would also suggest installing the latest version of the Gateway, which has the latest Mashup Engine (Power Query Editor). This is because you might have created a dataset in the June 2018 version of Power BI Desktop, but the Gateway might be on a version from May 2018.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the latest version of all and the file actually refreshes from desktop and through gateway no problem, but through gateway it just sends me an email saying it did not update even though it did. It seems strange. I suspect I will have to clear the cache, remove the file from app and add it again and then reset schedule?

Hi there,

That sound's like a good plan to resolve the problem

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors