Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cathy
Frequent Visitor

i can't use "?chromeless=1" to hide the Power BI menu navigations in url

Help!

I saw following web below :

http://www.victorrocca.com/displaying-a-power-bi-dashboard-in-your-office/

I use "?chromeless=1" in the end url to hide the Power BI menu navigations, but it didn't work.

By the way i use  "?chromeless=true" too

11 REPLIES 11
rob_farley

In case other people come here... because you already have a URL parameter (ie, view?r=....), you should use "&chromeless=true" instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be outdated at this point, but this came up in a search for an issue I was having, so I thought I'd throw out some details.

If you replace the portion that starts with CTID= at the end of the URL, with chromeless=1 that will make the URL open the report without most of the borders. Like you mentioned it will still have that bottom PowerBI navigation bar.

I know dashboards come with different difficulties, but if you use a dashboard instead, you can have a full screen display without the navigation bar at the bottom. Again to get a URL that automatically displays fullscreen, just replace the end of the URL at "CTID=#######-####-####-##########" with "chromeless=1".

Hope that helps contribute to this issue or others future searchs : ).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cathy
Which browser are you using? As far as I know this works best in Chrome.

Hi @Anonymous 

I use the Google browser !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CathyCan you share the link with us so we can see if there is an error in the syntax? (anonymize anything that may be public!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cathy

The link looks fine to me. You might want to check for updates on chrome. It could also be that this is related to the locale you are using, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

Hope you will get it to work soon!

Really? I am surprised to heard that!Smiley LOL

Could you read two urls below and upload the results (two photos), please?

I would appreciate it!Smiley Happy

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiM2EwZjQxYzItMjQ2YS00NDQwLWE4ODgtOTc5N2NlMDhjYWU5IiwidCI6IjQyM...

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiM2EwZjQxYzItMjQ2YS00NDQwLWE4ODgtOTc5N2NlMDhjYWU5IiwidCI6IjQyM...

Cathy Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cathy
I checked. I get the same view as you. the first links works, the second says "content not available".

However, the first link already opens without the navigation bar (the same as you get when adding ?chromeless=1).
What is the desired result? How do you want the screen to look?

Hi @Anonymous

The first link on my chrome is below:

first linkfirst link

Do you have the navigation bar (the area of red square) when you set your browser in Full Screen mode by pressing F11?

My goal is to hide the navigation bar (the area of red square) in Full Screen mode!

The second link which i add ?chromeless=1 in the first link end didn't work.

Is there an error in the syntax?

Thank you your replySmiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cathy
That bar will always be there. There is no way to get rid of it, regardless whether on fullscreen or not, this is by design.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors