cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

hyperlinks in table

Hello,

Is there a way I can post hyperlinks in a database, and have them show up in a table and be clickable in powerbi?

Thanks,

Eric

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: hyperlinks in table

The only hyperlink functionality that I'm aware of resides in the text box. Fields in the table or matrix are not selectable in any state, so it's hard to see at the moment how there would be any work around for this right now..

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted

You just need to cast the data type for the URL in your data model - its super quick. 

1. Navigate to the data model tab in Power BI Desktop
  2. Select the column that contains the URLs
  3. Under "Data Category" in the Modeling tab, select "Web URL"

After that, the URLs should show up blue and clickable in any table you place them in.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Nice! @Alex_J_Potter I didn't know this was here. Pinging @erickulcyk so he gets visibility on the answer.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to make a hyperlink without showing the URL?

I mean here instead of "http://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/power-bi-web-app/message-id/3638"

Highlighted

This is grayed out for SSAS Multidimensional.  Could super use this.

Highlighted

This URL is no logner valid

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, but is there a way to do like <a href="http://www.website.com">click here</a>. The problem with the hyperlinks is that they can be very, very long and we don't want to show the whole query. Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get an answer this by any chance? I would also like to use hyperlinks but some of the URL's are 60 characters or more. Not great on a dashboard!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.