Frequent Visitor

Re: hyperlinks in table

Did you ever get an answer this by any chance? I would also like to use hyperlinks but some of the URL's are 60 characters or more. Not great on a dashboard!

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I finally found the solution -- select the "URL Icon option" under the "Values" section on the grid "Format" tab.  This displays the URL as a "chain link" icon instead of the full URL.

@muneern

I'm going to have to try that out.  Everyone I asked told me it couldn't be done yet. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

@mihart

Here's the proof:

Power BI Extract.png

Smiley Tongue

Frequent Visitor

If you've already set a column with links and you don't want to show the entire link on each row of the table or matrix then you can simply follow the steps to convert a link into a link icon, provided that you have dragged the links column in the Values box of Fields icon in the Visualizations pane 

1.  Select the table tile

2. Click on the Paint Roller icon of the Format tab of Visualizations pane on the right hand of the Power BI window

3. Expand the Values section and enable the URL icon      - this will show an icon instead of the entire URL

Frequent Visitor

If you've already set a column with links and you don't want to show the entire link on each row of the table or matrix then you can simply follow the steps to convert a link into a link icon, provided that you have dragged the links column in the Values box of Fields icon in the Visualizations pane 

1.  Select the table tile

2. Click on the Paint Roller icon   of the Format tab of Visualizations pane on the right hand of the Power BI window

3. Expand the Values section and enable the URL icon      - this will show an icon instead of the entire URL

Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Does anyone know why the 'Properties' section onder the Modelling tab is greyed out? As this is greyed out I cannot set my column as URL type.  I have imported the data into PowerBI as opposed to DirectQuery.

Cheers