cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erickulcyk

hyperlinks in table

Hello,

Is there a way I can post hyperlinks in a database, and have them show up in a table and be clickable in powerbi?

Thanks,

Eric

19 REPLIES 19
Super User III
Super User III

Re: hyperlinks in table

The only hyperlink functionality that I'm aware of resides in the text box. Fields in the table or matrix are not selectable in any state, so it's hard to see at the moment how there would be any work around for this right now..

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Alex_J_Potter

You just need to cast the data type for the URL in your data model - its super quick. 

1. Navigate to the data model tab in Power BI Desktop
  2. Select the column that contains the URLs
  3. Under "Data Category" in the Modeling tab, select "Web URL"

After that, the URLs should show up blue and clickable in any table you place them in.
Super User III
Super User III

Nice! @Alex_J_Potter I didn't know this was here. Pinging @erickulcyk so he gets visibility on the answer.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
aroca
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to make a hyperlink without showing the URL?

I mean here instead of "http://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/power-bi-web-app/message-id/3638"

northcraft

This is grayed out for SSAS Multidimensional.  Could super use this.

Highlighted
northcraft

This URL is no logner valid

Microsoft mihart
Microsoft

aroca
Regular Visitor

Yes, but is there a way to do like <a href="http://www.website.com">click here</a>. The problem with the hyperlinks is that they can be very, very long and we don't want to show the whole query. Thanks!

maccaronda
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get an answer this by any chance? I would also like to use hyperlinks but some of the URL's are 60 characters or more. Not great on a dashboard!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications