Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pfuschi
Frequent Visitor

how to use custom visual

Hi

I'm newbie...

I saw very amazing custom visuals in the contest which i'd like to use in power bi service.

Does anyone know how to use / import this custom visuals into my power bi reports or dashboards?

As I said, I'm a newbie....

6 REPLIES 6

@pfuschi The contest is to have the winning visual added to Power BI. You can't currently use any of them. There will be future capability for you to add your own custom visuals to Power BI, but the functionality is not yet available.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I noticed that the documentation for importing custom visuals is now in place here: https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/750216

However, when I try to import one of the .pbiviz files, I run into an issue:  My desktop PowerBI doesn't include the option to import these files as shown in the above-linked doc.

My desktop app is fully updated to the most recent version.  What gives?

Thanks!

the current version of desktop on the download site is still from early Oct. I believe once the next release is available on that site we will be able to import custom visuals. Right now I am making changes in service directly.

@billzhang1123 The release was this evening, you are able to use custom visuals in the desktop now.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

yep. the option appears in the latest release now. This is awesome!

If you read the details in the blog it mentions that the custom visual import is available now for the Web service but next week with the latest Desktop update.

I'm hoping this also brings printing options..........!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors