Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to sum and combine difference file ?

Hello,

I would like to combine difference file, source data from xml and example  table 1, table 2 (automatic read table by folder) from my photo, so that i end up like table 3 (sum table 1 and table 2). i dont quit get it. Can someone help me please?

table 1table 1table 2table 2table 3 (result, sum from table 1 & 2)table 3 (result, sum from table 1 & 2)

Regards

Vivid

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I put together a quick sample of this.  There is always more than one solution.  But, this is the way I resolved it.  What I did is bring in Table1 and then bring in Table2 and then do the cleaning (first row as headers and remove the blank row) and then append them and then group using Sum.  I put the example file here:

https://pmps1-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/cquiring_epmstrategy_com/EcUxuB8v3TpAsist3qly-YUBnQejSLZrqisvMn2DbftB1w?e=WAaGpX

But, basically, I have my table1 with "1" and "0" and my table2 with "2" and "0" and then when I combine them I get a "1" , "2" or "3" as one would expect:

Table1

collinq_0-1637257429178.png

Table 2

collinq_1-1637257445837.png

Combo:

collinq_2-1637257488900.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the answer.

But i confused because get source data from example 3 file like this (html).

source data.PNG

I´ve tryed get source data based on folder(because source data from multiple file: 100 files)

i think i dunno how it works well but still couldn´t do it for different files

Hey @Anonymous ,

The answers I gave are based on three files.  Once you bring the files in, you can do the same steps that I showed in the file I sent.  Once the file is in Power BI then you can do your modifications.  I am not sure I understand your point about the 100 files - the steps work the same if you do 3, 30 or 300.  You clean up the file and then append them together and then group them with the sum function.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors