Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jatneerjat
Helper V
Helper V

how to give access for edit on a report to users in my organisation

Hi,

I have sevral reports which i published in my workspace  and shared it with all the required user but they are not able to edit the reports.how can i provide them access so that they can edit reports,manage row level security and can do all the other operation which i can do on this reports as a owner.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jatneerjat,

The app workspace is actually group, and the Power BI group is actually O365 group. The group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Generally, this error will occur when the Exchange admin have disabled it. 

Regarding to this issue, please review the answer in the following knowledge base.

Couldn't create the group

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@jatneerjat You need to create an App workspace. Assign the users who need to have the ability to edit the reports to the workspace with the edit or admin permission.

App workspaces are designed to do what you describe. "My Workspace" will only be accessible to you.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer,

But my row level security wont affected by this.right?I have created roles and added  security groups to this roles so will everything  works perfectly as currently working in My WorkSpace.

I tried creating a workspace but showing me below error:

ww.PNG

Thanks

Hi @jatneerjat,

The app workspace is actually group, and the Power BI group is actually O365 group. The group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Generally, this error will occur when the Exchange admin have disabled it. 

Regarding to this issue, please review the answer in the following knowledge base.

Couldn't create the group

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@jatneerjat As long as you don't add those individuals to the workspace you should be fine. Just share with the group. The error is likely because your Office 365 team has locked down the creation of Office 365 Universal Groups (This is what the App Workspace is currently tied to). You will need to request a group to be created.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors