Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rmcvicar
Helper I
Helper I

how to get dataset(s) sizes for published reports

Does anyone know how to get the sizes of dataset(s) for published reports. We have about 80 and want to move to Premium but need to know the sizes of our published reports datasets?

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmcvicar ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmcvicar ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmcvicar ,

11.9.1.1.PNG

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

colivier
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @rmcvicar 

Premium capacities can be expensive. Before you commit to a plan, try using PBI Spy to see if it is possible to reduce the sizes of your existing reports by removing unused columns. It could mean the difference between a P1 and P2 capacity(for example) which could save you around $5000 USD per month.

You can download PBI Spy from www.pbispy.com.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

rmcvicar
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the reply.  I saw some posting that gave me that.  I know there is a Premium Usage Matrix Template that someone has or you can buy but I think it only for Premium Power BI and don't know if it is also for Power BI Pro (Cloud).  This is needed.

ps. Again thank you very much for the reply.

I would suggest looking at the underlying PBIX!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @rmcvicar 

One of the things you will need to do is to find out how much memory your PBIX files are consuming.

Power BI Premium is based on capacity which is how much memory your model consumes.

In terms of finding this out a rough estimate is 3-4X the size of the PBIX file.

If you have got the PBIX files stored that would be the easiest way to start?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors