Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tinadouglass51
Advocate I
Advocate I

how to find last published date

Hi,

I have the pending changes message in my desktop version.  I am not sure if one of our consultants had updated and republished.  How can I find out the last published date of a .pbix?  

If they made the change and published, would that affect my local version and trigger this message, or only something I changed in my local version?

Tina

5 REPLIES 5
LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

An idea was created for this originally but was closed and seemingly never properly understood by Microsoft.

I've created a new idea here that gives a little more detail on the ask than the original idea - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=0edf0881-2384-ec11-b820-0003ff4569ae

Hello,

The 'when' part can be checked on the OneDrive tab in the refresh history.

Hope this helps.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @tinadouglass51 

Based on my research, there is no such a function achieve this requirement directly. What we can do is enable audit tracking on your Power BI service in the Office 365 admin portal. Looking at the current actions tracked, there isn't specifically one for edit of a report, but you may get something under "edit dashboard", please refer to the links below to see the details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-auditing

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Only if you changed something in your local version. I have been seeing that message sometimes "stick" even once that changes have been applied, I think it is some kind of bug perhaps.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Do you typically suggest not accepting, or accepting and hoping nothing gets messed up :)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors