Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sridhar

how to export data to excel from Power BI

Hi Friends,

I have just started using Power BI platform for my Company's Business Intelligence.

Could somebody tell me how an user can export the data either from a chart or a table?

Thanks,

Sri.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, you cannot. I know there is a feature request for this out there that you can vote for.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

With the December update you can use the workaround via R to export your data from Power BI to txt or SQL-server: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2015/12/28/how-to-export-data-from-power-bi-and-power-query/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Direct export from PBI service to Excel now available!:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Export-Data-Now-available/m-p/13440#U13440

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

For those of us on the Desktop version, the R script seems the most likely. However I've followed the scripting on THE BICCOUNTANT and still encounter an error.  My dataset is well below the 150k limit (around 58k), and the matrix display visual is correctly displaying it.  However this is what I receive with the R Script:

Error Message:

R script error.
Error: unexpected input in "write.table(trim(dataset), file=”"
Execution halted

Does that mean anything to the more experienced users?

Thanks in advance

The first quote mark after "file=" looks strange. This can happen when you copy the filepath from somewhere.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, you cannot. I know there is a feature request for this out there that you can vote for.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you. Really shocked to know this. I don't how this important utility is slipped in the design. Best, Sri.
Anonymous
Not applicable

could we please get this basic one in place....my whole company will stop using it if this import not in place....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors