cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pradeep Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: how to display reports only for logged in user in PowerBi.com ?

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks, Now its working fine after i shared my report  to other employees with view only permission what i added the users in my role.

Best Regards,

Pradeep

Niranjan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Do you know how to do the same thorugh Tabular--SSAS?

This will really help us.

Thanks in advance.

leipapuu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar problem, and this message really hepled me on my way. Thanks.

However, I need some more filtering to my role. I wanted to filter my contact records with the owningbusinessunit. I have the same businessunit column in my user table, where I also have the username column.

I have 'systemusers'[domainname] that matches the USERNAME() and I have contacts'[OwningBusinessUnit] that should match the field 'systemusers'[businesunitid.name].

For testing, I created this measure. It works fine in my report visualization, and returns the business unit for the logged in user:

Testing Business Unit = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name]; systemusers[domainname]; USERNAME())

In the Manage Roles window I needed to replace the semi-colons with commas, for regional (EMEA) purposes propoably:

For contacts table:

[OwningBusinessUnit] = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name], systemusers[domainname], USERNAME())

I found this tutorial also useful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tutorial-row-level-security-onprem-ssas-tabular

Hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 151 members 1,737 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: