Thanks, Now its working fine after i shared my report to other employees with view only permission what i added the users in my role.
I had a similar problem, and this message really hepled me on my way. Thanks.
However, I need some more filtering to my role. I wanted to filter my contact records with the owningbusinessunit. I have the same businessunit column in my user table, where I also have the username column.
I have 'systemusers'[domainname] that matches the USERNAME() and I have contacts'[OwningBusinessUnit] that should match the field 'systemusers'[businesunitid.name].
For testing, I created this measure. It works fine in my report visualization, and returns the business unit for the logged in user:
Testing Business Unit = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name]; systemusers[domainname]; USERNAME())
In the Manage Roles window I needed to replace the semi-colons with commas, for regional (EMEA) purposes propoably:
For contacts table:
[OwningBusinessUnit] = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name], systemusers[domainname], USERNAME())
I found this tutorial also useful:
Hope this helps