cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pradeep Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: how to display reports only for logged in user in PowerBi.com ?

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks, Now its working fine after i shared my report  to other employees with view only permission what i added the users in my role.

Best Regards,

Pradeep

Highlighted
Niranjan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Do you know how to do the same thorugh Tabular--SSAS?

This will really help us.

Thanks in advance.

leipapuu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar problem, and this message really hepled me on my way. Thanks.

However, I need some more filtering to my role. I wanted to filter my contact records with the owningbusinessunit. I have the same businessunit column in my user table, where I also have the username column.

I have 'systemusers'[domainname] that matches the USERNAME() and I have contacts'[OwningBusinessUnit] that should match the field 'systemusers'[businesunitid.name].

For testing, I created this measure. It works fine in my report visualization, and returns the business unit for the logged in user:

Testing Business Unit = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name]; systemusers[domainname]; USERNAME())

In the Manage Roles window I needed to replace the semi-colons with commas, for regional (EMEA) purposes propoably:

For contacts table:

[OwningBusinessUnit] = LOOKUPVALUE(systemusers[businessunitid.name], systemusers[domainname], USERNAME())

I found this tutorial also useful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tutorial-row-level-security-onprem-ssas-tabular

Hope this helps