Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dtuttoil
Frequent Visitor

how to break up my data and analyze

I am using an Azure stream analytics job to push data from the Particle platform to Power BI

image.png

When the data comes into my Power bi it is displayed as follows:

image.png

My data is listed as follows: Machine cycle count, Lane 1 count, Lane 2 count, Lane 3 count...., Lane 8 count

I want to be able to provide a percentage of lane usage (Lane1count/cyclecount) and a percent usage for the entire machine ((Sum(lane1count...Lane8count))/8)/Cyclecount. Is there a way to break up my data so they are each in their own column or is that even necessary? Is there a way to get the percentages I need using the measure tool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to break up the data at my code level, I changed my string output. I am finding that Power bi isn't that user friendly for live data. I am still trying to get familiar with the platform but it's been very frustrating so far.

String StringReturn = String::format("{\"CC\":%d, \"L1\":%d, \"L2\":%d, \"L3\":%d, \"L4\":%d, \"L5\":%d, \"L6\":%d, \"L7\":%d, \"L8\":%d, \"EF\":%d}",
    Cycle,
    LaneCount[0],
    LaneCount[1],
    LaneCount[2],
    LaneCount[3],
    LaneCount[4],
    LaneCount[5],
    LaneCount[6],
    LaneCount[7],
    MachineEfficiency);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dtuttoil,

Since the pushing dataset can't be used in Desktop, I'm afraid it's hard to apply any calculation steps. Can you do some calculation before pushing? Reference: service-real-time-streaming#can-i-connect-to-push-or-streaming-datasets-in-power-bi-desktop.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had to break up the data at my code level, I changed my string output. I am finding that Power bi isn't that user friendly for live data. I am still trying to get familiar with the platform but it's been very frustrating so far.

String StringReturn = String::format("{\"CC\":%d, \"L1\":%d, \"L2\":%d, \"L3\":%d, \"L4\":%d, \"L5\":%d, \"L6\":%d, \"L7\":%d, \"L8\":%d, \"EF\":%d}",
    Cycle,
    LaneCount[0],
    LaneCount[1],
    LaneCount[2],
    LaneCount[3],
    LaneCount[4],
    LaneCount[5],
    LaneCount[6],
    LaneCount[7],
    MachineEfficiency);

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors