Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pvasrao
Frequent Visitor

how to add other organization email id's in group

HI All,

Could please help me on adding other email ids in groups. self and clinet are using power bi pro free account.

Clinet wants full permision on dashboards and report published. I tried to add him in a group its showing below message.

"These email addresses don't exist in your organization."

Thanks

Vasantharao

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pvasrao,

As MattAllington’s post, we cannot add external users to Power BI group. You can vote this issue in the following existing idea.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13382010-content-groups-with-exte...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes you will always get that message if the recipient's email domain is different.  But it is suppose to share as long as they are not in a public domain like gmail or hotmail.

But I also am having trouble as it won't share to a test private domain I own - the email never arrives....have looked in spam and such but haven't figured it out.  But I'm not entirely sure it is PowerBI's fault as it is a flaky obscure private domain of mine and need to test this further.... unfortunately have been phasing out private domain's in favor of gmail so is tough to test this internally...

Note you can use the Publish To Web - that provides you a link that you can copy/paste into your own email and will definitely work.  But one must always caution that the recipient can forward to whomever they wish and that link is open to anyone until you un-do / delete in the Publish to Web area.........

www.CahabaData.com

You can share dashboards with externals, of share publically (not secure) but you can't do what you are talking about. I j ow there is an idea that is being considered, but I can't find it. You could give hem an email address in your org, and that would solve it. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors