Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SwaroopRoyM
Helper II
Helper II

how many users can use power bi environment at any given point of time?

Hi Team,

Any idea on "how many users can use power bi environment at any given point of time"?

If I publish my reports and dashboards to power bi service, is there any higher limit for number of users who can access the service at the same time? Will there be any performance implications as the number of users increase ?

Thanks,

Swaroop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SwaroopRoyM I am not aware of any user limit, and would assume that the service would scale to whatever is needed. There could be a bottleneck depending on where your data is. I would recommend you pay attention to the gateway performance and you may need to break up the traffic to multiple gateways with a large amount of users. But I would assume your issues would all revolve around the network traffic/access to data sources vs. something directly in the Power BI Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@SwaroopRoyM I am not aware of any user limit, and would assume that the service would scale to whatever is needed. There could be a bottleneck depending on where your data is. I would recommend you pay attention to the gateway performance and you may need to break up the traffic to multiple gateways with a large amount of users. But I would assume your issues would all revolve around the network traffic/access to data sources vs. something directly in the Power BI Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I suspect the number of users is only really a concern if you're using direct query, since that hits the database on demand. Scheduled refreshes run once at each scheduled time and the users access the data through the service, which is as far as I can tell only limited by Microsoft's capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you,

Yes, we're using direct query, and would like to keep a tab on the performance as the number of users increases.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors