Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how end user can edit or makes changes to the report I have created and shared over power bi service

how end user can edit or makes changes to the report I have created and shared over power bi service

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the user in your organization? If not, the user could not edit your report. If the user is in your organization, you could use app workspace to share your report and set your user as admin or set the app worksapce member could edit the content:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-collaborate-power-bi-workspace

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may refer to below link about appworkspace and how to give different users different roles:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-workspaces

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to create RGB indicator based on %age but my RGB is not working as expected.

As per conditional formatting rule 0-45 % should be Red as value for PLATFORM ACCESS is 43.33 but its showing green as it is considering 100% from above table …

rule.JPGRGB2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel , 

I applied the steps you have mentioned but now i can see all my users are able to edit but when they are saving the report its going to replace the master copy from the workspace.  is there any way we can restrict them to over write master copy ??

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the user in your organization? If not, the user could not edit your report. If the user is in your organization, you could use app workspace to share your report and set your user as admin or set the app worksapce member could edit the content:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-collaborate-power-bi-workspace

Regards,

Daniel He

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Daniel,

User is within my organisation and they have Pro lisence too. Can you please guide how we can make all users as ADMIN  who are consuming particular report.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may refer to below link about appworkspace and how to give different users different roles:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-workspaces

Regards,

Daniel He

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

We have one problem here, every member or admin is able to edit the report but when they are saving it into same workspace with their new changes it is over writing the master report 😞

How we can restrict this ?? any leads please suggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Daniel, 

You are too quick 🙂  I appreciate this. Yes I will go through the link and will apply the same.

Also I have one more query :

How to Record the usage metric when user is using native refresh feature in PowerBI.

There are 2 ways of refreshing the page to see the latest data:

• A user can click the Refresh button in the browser (this will count as a view in the Usage Metrics).
    image-2019-05-03-16-38-19-943.png

OR

• A user can click the Refresh button within the dashboard (clicking this button will NOT count as a view in the Usage Metrics).
    screenshot-1.png

Example
Let's say a user refreshes the dashboard 10 times using Option 1. This will be recorded as 10 views in the Usage Metrics.

But if the user refreshes the dashboard 10 times using Option 2, then these views are not shown in the Usage Metrics.

So the problem is if users are using Option 2 to refresh the dashboard, then I am not receiving the proper Usage Metrics.

I need some guildance on if it is possible to count the viewed by clicking on native refresh button in powerBI app

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors