Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how can we edit DataFlow created by another members of the same workspace

Hi Team,

We have created one dataset in power bi dataflow and shared to others with full access, but shared users are not able to edit dataset and update anything in dataflow.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Please help me on it.

Thanks

Srinivas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Galia
Employee
Employee

Hi Srinivas,

Editing dataflow model is currently limited to its owner. We currently working on 'take over' feature that will enable moving model's ownership between different workspace's users (similar to 'dataset take over').

Regards,

Galia  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
grimnortherner
Regular Visitor

We've succcessfully used the 'take over' feature. However this does cause permissions issues, in that the gateway settings and stored credentials are not inherited by the new owner. We can of course understand why this is the case. But it doesn't leave us with a solution where multiple users can collaboratively 'manage' a dataflow - e.g. add a table, add a field, etc.

We are now considering implementing a shared MS Office account as the owner of gateways / dataflows - it doesn't feel quite right but we can't see another solution at the moment.

@grimnortherner did you ever implement this? My team's considering the same thing but not sure what the point would be if each of us has the same permissions to source data...we'd have to log in as the system user to make changes to the dataflow, but at that point, why not just take it over? Thanks for your time.

Galia
Employee
Employee

Hi Srinivas,

Editing dataflow model is currently limited to its owner. We currently working on 'take over' feature that will enable moving model's ownership between different workspace's users (similar to 'dataset take over').

Regards,

Galia  

Has this been incorporated? 

Yeah I would also like to know

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There 

Please can you give me a timeline when the 'take over' function for Dataflow ownership will be available ..

This is causing some hassle at my organisation and we may have to revert to using shared datasets so that we can do maintenance when required 

Many Thanks 

Jacqui

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous 

I'm not sure when it occured, but this is live now - I just took over someone else's Dataflow to test. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors