cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niteshk3

how can i connect a web api using client_id and client secret?

Hi All,

i have a web api (Mulesoft) which uses lient_id and client secret for authentication but here in power bi i have no such option to use these to connect. All i see is the option of KEY for authentication for web api and bunch of other options like windows, anonymousorganizational and basic but i can not use them. I need to use client_id and client secret for authentication for our api.

Now its just not about the getting the data from api.

i was able to get the data through query editor by passing the client_id and client secret as parameter in the url and get it as you can see in the picture attached. 

Also i want to do the data refresh for this but there the options i see are anonymous, windows or basic, either of them are no use to me. 

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
seb_b

Any changes around this issue? How clientid and secret can be stored securely and use in power query?

v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Niteshk3,

I'm afraid this isn't supported by now. Please refer to How-to-refresh-using-REST-API-with-OAuth2 and webcontents-apikeyname-not-working. Please vote up these two ideas enable-refresh-to-support-authentication-through-c and power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13195278-oauth.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!