Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msudulag
Helper II
Helper II

how Admin User can see other data for that application

Hi All,

I have User,Role,Application table,here when the user has Admin role for particular application,he needs to see the others data also for that Application only.

here we have the relation for table,how to restict to the Admin and other role users

Can any one suggest how to implement.

REGARDS

Mallikarjun

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msudulag,

Not sure I get your point totally. In Power BI service, we can use Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI to restrict data access for given users on row level. Roles will be applied to read-only members in app workspace. Please check if this feature meet your requirements.

If not, please clarify the requirement. What's the Application and Admin role do you mean?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ v-qiuyu-MSFT 

Thanks for your reply,

I mean i have 5 applications ,40 users, 5 roles

so each user have different roles and applicatiooons

if particular application have many users in that who are having admin roles for that person can see the data for all

if a person having other then Admin role he can view his data only.

Regards

Mallikarjunarao.

Hi All,

I have a user _role table, in this we have user and role information,now i need to provide a security for user level,

i can able to provide user wise but i need to provide security if the user is Admin role he needs to see all data else 

he can see his data only.

can you please help on this how we can implement in power bi

Regards

Msudulag

Hi @msudulag,

Assume the data likes below:

w1.PNG

You can create two roles, one for Admin role without any filter applied, and the other for OtherUser with filter by UserName().

w2.PNGw3.PNG

After publish the report to service, go to Dataset-> Security, add email address under Admin role in this scenario is qiuyun@qiuyunus.onmicrosoft.com. Add rls@qiuyunus.onmicrosoft.com under OtherUser role.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply.

here i don't who are having Admin role,they are around 100 users,dynamically we need to search ,and where i have to write DAX for this and also need to validate the user having Admin or not

so that my report should show.

Regards

Mallikarjunarao S

Hi @msudulag,

It seems you are not looking for Row Level Security, instead, you want to use DAX to find who is admin or common use, right?

Would you please share some dummy data? Please clarify the condition to be a admin role?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I am looking for RLS with Admin and other user

I have user,application,role  and fact_Table

if an user role id is Admin for a particular Applicaion he can see all data for that Application

if not he can see only his data only.

Regards

Mallikarjun

Hi @msudulag,

How did you define the relationships among those tables: user,application,role  and fact_Table? Can you show some dummy data about those tables?

By the way, here is the a article which you can go through: Dynamic RLS via Hierarchy in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

thanks for your reply,

In my fact table i am having user key,role key and application_key columns

here i need to check the particular user for particular application what kind of role he has

if the role is Admin then "all Data " else "only user data "

Regards

Mallikarjun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors