Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amit_Porwal
Employee
Employee

hide the left pane for other user

I want  to hide the left pane of the power bi dashboard for all other user apart from the admin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Took me a few minutes to find:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/11/24/power-bi-weekly-service-update-1124.aspx#chromele...

Chromeless Full Screen Mode for Dashboards and Reports

We heard from many users that they want to display their dashboards in hallways and presentations, and the chrome around the dashboard can distract users from what is most important. Last week we added improvements to full screen mode in terms of navigation. This week we are taking it one-step further and allowing users to display their dashboards in full screen mode without the Power BI chrome. To view dashboards in chromeless full screen mode, add the URL parameter ?chromeless=1 to the URL of the dashboard you want to view.

For example, https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/3065afc5-63a5-4cab-bcd3-0160b3c5f741?chromeless=1

This will load the dashboard without any chrome, and now you will be able to enter full screen mode of your browser and have a beautiful dashboard to display in presentations, office hallways, and anywhere else you would want to show off your creations.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nrnelsonribeiro
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys.

Is there any option, like chromeless, that apply on reports?

How can I hide the gray bar (that contains icons like about, full screen) on a report to embbed just the report data in a dashboard?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ?chromeless=1 suffix works on reports as well.

Now just need to get rid of the Page and Filter bars!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Took me a few minutes to find:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/11/24/power-bi-weekly-service-update-1124.aspx#chromele...

Chromeless Full Screen Mode for Dashboards and Reports

We heard from many users that they want to display their dashboards in hallways and presentations, and the chrome around the dashboard can distract users from what is most important. Last week we added improvements to full screen mode in terms of navigation. This week we are taking it one-step further and allowing users to display their dashboards in full screen mode without the Power BI chrome. To view dashboards in chromeless full screen mode, add the URL parameter ?chromeless=1 to the URL of the dashboard you want to view.

For example, https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/3065afc5-63a5-4cab-bcd3-0160b3c5f741?chromeless=1

This will load the dashboard without any chrome, and now you will be able to enter full screen mode of your browser and have a beautiful dashboard to display in presentations, office hallways, and anywhere else you would want to show off your creations.

Thanks @kcantor.

Great thing to identify. Is there a way to hide Filters bar from teh right ?

@ShrikantKhanna

The only work around I know for that would be to pin the page as a live tile to a dashboard and share the dashboard in chromeless. That removes the filter bar from the right but allows the page to maintain functionality.

Hi,

Need help! Could I have the ?chromless=1 added while sharing the dhasboard itself? I believe that as of now we need to add this manually with URL but it would be good if I can share the dashboard in chromeless mode. I tried to amend the URL while sharing but it doesn't allow any changes.

Anyone have any idea.

Thanks!

Thanks !!! for the solution provided, works like a charm 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors