Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

czheng
Frequent Visitor

gauge and bullet chart not updating automatically

Hi

The gauge and bullet charts are not updating automatically. I have to click refresh manually each time when I open the report. Can anyone help me with this issue?

many thanks

11 REPLIES 11
gilbertendaya
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm also encountering the gauge visual is not updating after the dashboard was refresh in service. In desktop, no issue as gauge visual is being updated.service visual.JPG

desktop visual.JPG

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@czheng - That doesn't sound correct. Are these built in visuals or third party visuals? Maybe try Reset to default to clear personal bookmarks?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg, they are 2 visuals as below......it behaves the same with different browser and happens to other users as well. Other visuals like matrix are ok.

czheng_0-1599616560174.png

Hi @czheng ,

You mean that the data in other visuals was updated except the gauge and bullet chart after schedule refresh completed? It happened in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service? Whether the gauge and bullet chart be pinned to any dashboard? Could you please provide some screen shots with the old data and updated data (mask the sensitive data)? Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

czheng_0-1600119844722.png

czheng_1-1600119886998.png

czheng_2-1600119902714.png

first screenshot is from dashboard, second is from report and last one is updated data

@v-yiruan-msft 

would very appreciate if you can help as the issue has been annoying us for a while.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

Yes, other visuals are updated except the gauge and bullet chart (bullet chart by OKVIZ) after scheduled refresh. they are on Power BI service. Both gauge and bullet chart are pinned to the dashboard. And the error "Some of the dashboard tiles didn't load......Show details" is displayed on the mene of dashboard.

I don't know how to send sreenshots.

Thanks

Cathy

Hi @czheng ,

You can click "Show details" to review which tile didn't be loaded into dashboards and check if it exist the following situations:

1.  Any visual applied RLS?

2.  Many visuals be pinned to one dashboard?

3.  Check data source and connection type

About the problem of gauge and bullet chart didn't refresh, it need to wait about 10-15 minutes for a refresh to be reflected in the dashboard tiles as written in this documentation. Or you can pin an entire report page to dashboard as an alternative. When you pin an entire page, the tiles are live.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

Thanks for your reply but what is RLS?

Those failed ones are connected with the reports which use live connection of our data cube.

I have to click "refresh dashboard tiles" manually under that 3 dots so that that error would disappear.

Regards

Cathy

Hi @czheng ,

You can review this official documentation to know the details of RLS

For dashboard tiles based on Direct Query/Live connection datasets, Power BI maintains a cache for every tile visual on your dashboards and proactively updates the tile caches when data changes. By default, the dashboard tile cache is refreshed once every hour. Owner of these datasets can change the schedule in the dataset settings to occur as frequently as every 15 minutes or force a dashboard update manually by using the Refresh Now option. You can find the deatils in the following link:

Datasets in DirectQuery/LiveConnect mode

schedule cache refresh.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

@v-yiruan-msft my report uses powerbi datasets which is shared dataset. Would it cause that issue - "some of the dashboard tiles didn't load" in the dashboard?

@czheng - Maybe a temporary hiccup with the Service. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors