Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

gateways

Hi , I have few of my dashboards with reports created using sql analysis services and now I intend to change to source of few to azure analysis services Which gateway should I use for both . Also Could someone please help me with the difference between enterprise gateway and on premise gateway in a detailed manner.Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RashmitaR,

Azure Analysis Services is a cloud Service, which doesn't need a gateway. The main differences of them are cited from official documents.

• On-premises data gateway (personal mode) – allows one user to connect to sources, and can’t be shared with others. Can only be used with Power BI.
  • On-premises data gateway – allows multiple users to connect to multiple on-premises data sources, and can be used by Power BI, PowerApps, Flow and Azure Logic apps, all with a single gateway installation.

Please reference: powerbi-gateway-getting-started.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RashmitaR,

Azure Analysis Services is a cloud Service, which doesn't need a gateway. The main differences of them are cited from official documents.

• On-premises data gateway (personal mode) – allows one user to connect to sources, and can’t be shared with others. Can only be used with Power BI.
  • On-premises data gateway – allows multiple users to connect to multiple on-premises data sources, and can be used by Power BI, PowerApps, Flow and Azure Logic apps, all with a single gateway installation.

Please reference: powerbi-gateway-getting-started.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors